Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tonytarragona
Frequent Visitor

hierarchical slicers in PBI Feb 2020 update, dont sync accross pages

Hi, I dont know if you have download it yet the Feb 2020 power bi update, but one very good feature is the hierarchical slicers. They work great but I am not able to sync it to other pages. Do you find this too? or is there a trick that i dont know. 

I can sync the individual ones, but not the one that combines them all (therefore saving space)

Best wishes

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi  @tonytarragona 

Since it's only in preview, it maybe have some problem.

and there is a workaround for you refer to: I got around the "Too many columns in the Values Bucket" error by publishing as a Dropdown, then editing on PowerBI.com. I then changed it again in desktop and republished and it is still working. See if that works for you.  Kludgey, but it works.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Havent downloaded yet but are you sure the values used are the exact same on each page?

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi Eric, thank you for your reply.

I sync slicers in one page to govern the visuals in other pages. It works very well with single slicers. But it does not work when i try to synch a hierarchical one of 3 levels.

Hi, I have found the solution, when syncing the hierarchy slicer make sure that all levels are cleared (not filtered). Then it work.

However, it does not work when it goes to power bi service.

Something went wrong.
Please try again later

hi  @tonytarragona 

Since it's only in preview, it maybe have some problem.

and there is a workaround for you refer to: I got around the "Too many columns in the Values Bucket" error by publishing as a Dropdown, then editing on PowerBI.com. I then changed it again in desktop and republished and it is still working. See if that works for you.  Kludgey, but it works.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Awesome! it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.