Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mondinelli
Advocate I
Advocate I

hidden limit of 100 Bars on Mixed Line and Bars Official visualizations

I noticed a hidden limit of visible bars on the mixed visuals (Bars and Lines) when there are data both for lines and bars:

2016-06-07 16_50_25-ObbiettiviTecnici - Power BI Desktop.pngThe same is Ok with only Bars:

2016-06-07 16_50_43-ObbiettiviTecnici - Power BI Desktop.png

if I only drag a field from the Line Group to the Bar Group:

2016-06-07 16_50_58-ObbiettiviTecnici - Power BI Desktop.png

This is a Big Visual Bug, Because there is no visual feedback to the user Man Sad that some data was dropped after aproximatly 100 samples.

This make me a very bad day...

9 REPLIES 9
mondinelli
Advocate I
Advocate I

it does not solve the problem. it's shifting it.

choosing "Category" makes appear all the data, but also a scrollbar and increases a lot (10x , 15x) the lenght of the axis.

it's not an acceptable workaround.

thx 

@mondinelli@benbateman, the issue can be reproduced. I will report it internally and will post back once I got any updates.

@mondinelli@benbateman, it’s confirmed as by design by our engineers. As you figured out, you need to set the x-axis to categorical as a temporarily.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi mondinelli,

According to your screenshots, from my point of view, you created three types of visualizations to display data in Power BI Desktop: Line chart, Stacked column chart, Line and stacked column chart. All data are visible in Line chart or Stacked column chart, however only 100 sample data are displayed in Line and stacked column chart, right? If that is the case, I can reproduce your issue, it seems that there is a limitation in the Line and stacked column chart.

If not, could you please describe more details about that how you perform the whole process and drag a field from the Line Group to the Bar Group?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Lydia,

That appears exactly to be the issue I have. I reported my details here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Line-Stacked-visualisation-broken-after-update/td-p/40242

Thanks

i've used always the "Line and stacked column chart" visual.

in the first and in the second graph i've used only the Line or the Column DataFileds, in the last i've used both.

Hi mondinelli,

Does it work as expected when you set X-Axis to be Categorical(as shown in the following similar screenshot)?
Capture1.JPG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Just to confirm setting the X-Axis to Categorical does not solve the issue for me.

sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have noticed this as well. You should send a Frown.

/sdjensen

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.