Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

y-k
Frequent Visitor

help with multiple graphs

I have huge dataset, where I would like to plot multiple plots from.

I have two problems:

Sadly, the dataset is build in a way, where i need to use multiple slicers to get the plot I want to. Each datapoint has a running unique ID(=x-axis), that is connected to result set. Since each datapoint has unique running number, It seems I cannot make stacked graph with multiple plots in one vizualization.

2021-12-29_15-57-50.png

2021-12-29_16-06-51.png

I managed to get a one plot out, by using multiple slicers. Now i want to make another plot, from the same dataset, without messing up the first plot. To get second plot, I would have to change slicers settings and that would alter the first plot.

I could make two different plots by creating a page for each plot. But in the end, I would like to summarize these plots in one page, how to do that?

yk_1-1640787092145.png

yk_2-1640787099341.pngyk_3-1640787106665.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

You could apply the filters in the visual filter pane for each.

If you do need different slicers look at "Edit Interactions"

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @y-k,

Here is multiple line chart side-by-side it will help you to plot line charts side by side with unique x axis values.

Multiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.comMultiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.comMultiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.comMultiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/side-by-side-multiple-line-chart 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
y-k
Frequent Visitor

so my data looks like this:

indexvaluedatatype
110limit
23measured
310limit
44measured
510limit

measured

So i want my graph to look like this:

yk_0-1645438416939.png

Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @y-k,

Here is multiple line chart side-by-side it will help you to plot line charts side by side with unique x axis values.

Multiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.comMultiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.comMultiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.comMultiple line chart side-by-side PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/side-by-side-multiple-line-chart 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

Hi,@Mayank_Yavda 

Thank you for reply and sorry for very late reply.

I tried this tool, but i actually want to do exact opposite what this tool does.

I have two plots, which have x-axis as running numbers. All my data have unique x-axis value. One of axis values is measured value, other one is limit value. For every measured point, there is limit value.

What I want, is to stack my plots together, showing measured value and limit value in same graph, together in same x-axis.

Is such possible in powerbi?

Hi @y-k ,

Yes, it is possible to do in Power Bi with PBIVizEdit tool. However, as far I have understood you have to stack two plots on same x axis. Then, try this visual and just select the "None" in Fill Style option in area chart formatting options.
To try and use the visual visit,
https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/stacked-area-with-custom-tooltip 

Hope this helps, 

Team PBIVizEdit,

y-k
Frequent Visitor

1. I guess I need to create new running index numbers for each datapoint, is there automated/easy way of doing this? The data set first needs to be filtered, before index number can be given.

2. Thanks, looked it creating seperate filters is doable, it just takes so much time to fix each graph by hand. I wish Microsoft had made graph filters to be copy pastable.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @y-k ,

As @bcdobbs  mentioned,If users do not need interact with slicers, it is a better choice to use visual level filters in each visual. The creation of each visual does not affect each other.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-report-add-filter#add-a-filter-to-... 

If you need to use slicers,please set the interaction of each visual correctly .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

You could apply the filters in the visual filter pane for each.

If you do need different slicers look at "Edit Interactions"

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.