Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

help with Slicer and Relationship mess

So I have a bit of an issue getting my slicers to work...

On one particular graph, I have Bookings vs Forecast. They are in different tables. The axis is from a Master Date source that formats the dates how I need them to look (some values are monthly, weekly, daily). There is a 4th table that is in play here which is where I am running into the problems. It contains Master Data (classification, stocking strategy, origin, end location, lead time, etc.). When I go to make the relationships I cannot link them together the way I need to.

Forecast connects to Master Date. Bookings connects to Master Date. But I can't get Master Data to connect to both Bookings and Forecast at the same time. I've tried duplicating, merging, appending, but nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to set-up a slicer that effects two different table without being related to them?

Ask questions if this makes no sense. I can provide screenshots in a bit if that would be helpful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Current power bi not allow you to active multiple major relationship mapping.

Bidirectional relationships and ambiguity in DAX
You can turn off some relationships mappings and write measure with userelationship function to calculate result based on specific relationship.

USERELATIONSHIP in Calculated Columns

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Current power bi not allow you to active multiple major relationship mapping.

Bidirectional relationships and ambiguity in DAX
You can turn off some relationships mappings and write measure with userelationship function to calculate result based on specific relationship.

USERELATIONSHIP in Calculated Columns

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.