Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SINGHTX9
Helper II
Helper II

help needed with correct the X axis of bar chart

Hi All

I created a bar chart with drilldown hierachy for the X-axis with the receive date (the date on which sample is received) and going down to Receive hour (On that particular day which hour it was received). Now when i drill down in my data my receive hour on x-axis should read 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7........23 hrs in night but it is picking the hour randomly. I have attached a pic. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this issue?

Next level - Receive hourNext level - Receive hourReceive dataReceive data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Maddy99
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hoi,

it looks like your hour column is a text field. 

thats is why it sort like abc. first 1, 10,11 2, 21,22 etc... 

column type.PNGchange your column to a number and set the default sum to "dont summerize"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Maddy99
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hoi,

it looks like your hour column is a text field. 

thats is why it sort like abc. first 1, 10,11 2, 21,22 etc... 

column type.PNGchange your column to a number and set the default sum to "dont summerize"

Thanks a lot maddy it worked absolutely fine. Do you think you can help me with more one thing.

I wanted to show on my dashboard the average number of tubes received daily that a receive 1.e Distinct count of my accession ID/ count of my number of receive date. So how can i write a dax for it given that i need count of dates and not number.

Really appreciate your prompt reply.

i dont realy understand what you want to count.

you want to know the average nuber of tubes you get of a day?

1-1 = 10

2-1 = 7

3-1 = 9

4-1 = 6

in this case the average would be 8. 

Hi Maddy

Yes, this is exactly what i want to achieve the average number of tubes received daily.

My data has column receive date and accession id so to get average number of tubes i need a dax measure that should divide the DISTINCTCOUNT (Accession ID)/ Number of days but i dont know how to type this measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.