Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

help for put tables together

Hello!

I have this issue, im not sure if this possible to do this:

I have three tables in the layout of my report, and differents filter, some filter are for all the report and some only for a table, the table 1 have a search filter, table 2 is a top of the value, table 3 is show the last values. Is a way to put together in only one table and keep the filters for each one?

Or a way to put 3 tables in only one excel archive?

Thanks for the help

Mónica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

ok I created a table with user, amount and state (instead of keyword)

for top and bottom i created a rank column, you already have top and bottom, based on amount and filtered top 3 and bottom 3

Then i created 3 tables with summarize function - one for top , one for bottom and one for search and added two more column

First column have top 3 in text for records in top 3 table, for bottom table i have bottom 3 for search table i repeated state column here (keyword in your case)

and one more column to sort things

Now instead of keyword in slicer we put this new column (Now you will have option to choose top 3 or bottom 3 or your normal search keyword)

I know its not exact solution to your problem, but you can get help with this. I will need more details to help you further.

find this Attachment : Merging Table.pbix

Thanks

Vinayak Kohli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please share sample data of your table here and post expected result here?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the principal page of the report and we have differents filters..

6.jpg

The filters Country, Date and Test affect the 3 tables in the layout, and the Keywords filters affect only the Search Terms. The others two tables (TOP Amount and Rounded Amount) they do other calculations that have nothing to do with the filter keyword. 

I want to know if is possible put together the three tables but I don’t want the keyword filter affecting the other two (when I tried to put together with a merge, the top and the rounded are affected by the keyword filter. )

Or another possibility is if there is a way to download a single excel file that includes the three tables of the layout. The user don’t what to have 3 excels.

Thanks for the help

Monica

Hi @Anonymous

ok I created a table with user, amount and state (instead of keyword)

for top and bottom i created a rank column, you already have top and bottom, based on amount and filtered top 3 and bottom 3

Then i created 3 tables with summarize function - one for top , one for bottom and one for search and added two more column

First column have top 3 in text for records in top 3 table, for bottom table i have bottom 3 for search table i repeated state column here (keyword in your case)

and one more column to sort things

Now instead of keyword in slicer we put this new column (Now you will have option to choose top 3 or bottom 3 or your normal search keyword)

I know its not exact solution to your problem, but you can get help with this. I will need more details to help you further.

find this Attachment : Merging Table.pbix

Thanks

Vinayak Kohli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all your help.
I was doing several tests with what you told me and sent and the example if it can work for me.
Thank you very much and have an excellent day.

@Anonymous,

It is not possible  to achieve your requirement. As a workaround, you can export the Power BI report to PPT .

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.