Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

hasonevalue--looking to build a ranking pivot table

Good afternoon,

I am looking to build a simple ranking pivot table.  It will have rows that have a single hospital name, a column of a measure which is the total margin of the facility, and then I want a ranking of that margin for the selected hospitals.

Here's the pivot table and my stab at the DAX formula for Ranking.  The parts I had difficulty figuring were--does the HasOneValue Need to be from the same table as the Margin...The hospital name is the one side of a many-to-one of the file with the Total Profit Margin measure in it....so I think that works. 

SMatrixOfHospitalsAndMargins.PNG

TheFormula.PNG

• So the formula is attempting to define a ProfitMarginRank variable IF the context has one value (ie one hospital name)...and rank the row on the basis of Total Profit Margin.  
  • The error message says there isn't only one value for the hospital Name...well, not until it's in the table, right?
  • Perhaps there is a AllSelected or All required, but that part seems a little mysterious right now--would just like to get it to show something and then try to debug.

Any ideas?  Many thanks,

Tom

Thanks in advance,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Mi2n
Employee
Employee

I might be trying to over simply this, but, does this help?

ProfitMarginRank = Rankx(All(HOSPITAL10_PROVIDER_ID_INFO[Hospital_Name]),[Total Profit Margin])

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Will try right after dinner and a beer (!)  Thanks...Tom

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yeah--that got me on the right track all right!  Thanks.  Here's the formula I got to work..

ProfitMarginRank = Rankx(ALLSELECTED(HOSPITAL10_PROVIDER_ID_INFO[Hospital_Name]),[Total Profit Margin]) .  

It's important that the Total Profit Margin is calculated at all--I filtered out blanks and will have to figure out how to handle them better.  Some don't report all data needed to compute.

Anyway, that was a big help.  Thank you ,

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.