Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

handling alpha numeric data in a column

Hi All,

Would like have if average of % values as % and average of numbers as numbers in a matrix table, I have created matrix visula but in vain the % values are not as %  but avg of numbers are perfect.

My sample table

TypeNameMonthNumeratorDenominatorResult
1.1AApr-180.2120.00%
1.1DApr-18187811878
2.2BMay-189910099.00%
2.2FJun-1832 ABC/ FTE/Day 32 ABC/ FTE/Day
3.3CJun-1818118
3.3EMay-1828657.00 28657

Required out put

AverageAverageAverage 
TypeNameApr-18May-18Jun-18 
1.1A20.00%   
1.1D1878   
2.2B 99.00%  
2.2F  32 ABC/ FTE/Day
3.3C  18 
3.3E 28657  

actual Matrix Visualactual Matrix Visual

You can see the actual Matrix table where the % target row values are not showing as %.

My Reulst field is Decimal Number format to handle %, Number & Text.

can any one help me on this.

Murali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Hey, 

Perhaps formatting could occur with a minor modification to the formula like this: 

if('Table'[Field] <=1, FORMAT('Table'[Field],"##.##%"), FORMAT('Table'[Field],"General Number"))

This is also true if you wanted to use an if (conditions to average), summarize table, (conditions not to summarize)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
S184019
Advocate III
Advocate III

Create a new column like below and that should do the trick.  Not sure how you are summarizing values.

New Column = FORMAT(Table[Field],"##.##%")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

This format will apply also if the column has numbers without %. In my result column for example the % values as 0.14, 0.95... and also with numbers example 12, 250...

I want to bring all these numebers as average in Matric table with if the numbers are % then the avg Number should show with %a and other wihout %.

@Anonymous

Hey, 

Perhaps formatting could occur with a minor modification to the formula like this: 

if('Table'[Field] <=1, FORMAT('Table'[Field],"##.##%"), FORMAT('Table'[Field],"General Number"))

This is also true if you wanted to use an if (conditions to average), summarize table, (conditions not to summarize)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.