Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Valerica_G
Regular Visitor

group ranking

I have a lot of hierarchical data about stocks the data is not aggregated.
I created a map with these stocks (summarizing them by regions). Then I colored the provinces based on the regions value. The problem is that I have 3 regions that have a very high stock compared with the rest of the regions so these regions are green and all others are red. I want to rank them (1 for the region with the biggest stock) and change color by this rank.

Can I somehow calculate this rank?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Valerica_G ,

Please check the measures below.

Measure = SUM('Table'[stock])
rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Table'[region]),[Measure],,DESC)

Result would be shown as below.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Valerica_G ,

Honestly, I'm not sure what you want.

Are you want to rank 1 to 3 for the 3 regions that have a very high stock and 1 to N for the others? And then distinguish them by red and green? 

Could you please share some sample data and expected result if you don't have any Confidential Information?

Best Regards,

Jay

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the answer @v-jayw-msft 

So lets say we have some sample data

date

region

province

stock

2020-01-01 00:00

A

X

A

Y

B

Z

B

W

2020-01-01 00:15

C

k

C

l

D

m

2020-01-01 00:15D

n

And I have some filters, on date or other columns (like product, severity etc.). I want to summarize this filtered stock by regions and then rank them by this value.

If the sample data are my filter results then the rank will be something like that:

region

stock

rank

A

B

C562
D34 3

So if I set in put in the chart color saturation by sum of stock the map will be red on 3 region and green just in one because the difference between the first one and the second are very big. If I put color saturation by this rank that I don't know how to calculate in power bi then all 4 regions will have a distinct color something like green, yellow, orange, red. This way I can see the differences between the smaller regions more clearly.

On the real data I want to rank them from 1 to n (number of regions) and the map will be something like that, each region with a different shade representing that rank. I did this map by aggregating them in the database and rank that, but this does not help me because I need to be able to change filters before aggregation.

Untitled.png

Hi @Valerica_G ,

Please check the measures below.

Measure = SUM('Table'[stock])
rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Table'[region]),[Measure],,DESC)

Result would be shown as below.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.