Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

julied
Frequent Visitor

gray bar appearing in text box

Vertical gray bars keep appearing on the right side of my text boxes.  They are wider than the ones that appear on the right side of cards, and usually appear later, when I've moved on to a different tile.  They do not seem to show up when I view the same dashboard using online PowerBI. I can't find any way to hide these bars or otherwise make them go away in PowerBI Desktop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are scroll bars. You need to widen the text box or shrink your font. Also, depending on people's screen size, they may see the scroll bar where you do not. I always make it a little bigger than necessary. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parag_lokare
Advocate I
Advocate I

i am using a Shape- rectangular box instead of text box. the rectangular box gives me more options.

Thank you! This is the best tip. Solves a lot of my issues with text boxes.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @julied,

Can you share some snapshots?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are scroll bars. You need to widen the text box or shrink your font. Also, depending on people's screen size, they may see the scroll bar where you do not. I always make it a little bigger than necessary. 

Oh my goodness, I feel so foolish.  Four years later, your tip still works, thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousThanks mate, saved me from hassles.

Yes, you are correct. When I held the mouse arrow down over them, they do indeed move the text in the box up and down. I made the font smaller, and it went away.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.