Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walnei
Helper III
Helper III

graphic formatting

Hello , could you help me?

I would like to make a formatting as follows on the chart.  If the ' 2016 orc ' column is greater than the column ' 2016 Real' column turns red if it is lower is green . Does anyone know any way that I can do this ?

apagarcolunas.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roeder
Regular Visitor

Hi... sharing with you my attempt.  This is not really a straight-forward solution, so this is more of a work-around to approximate the visualization preferred.

Basically, I've split the column with preferred conditional formatting (apologies, not sure which column, hence the sample snapshots are for either of the two) into 2 separate columns (or attributes), i.e. with (+) and (-).  And then transformed the dataset using the 'unpivot' facility thereby converting the data-value columns into "attribute" and "value" data fields instead. Then charting them using the stacked columnar visual, with 3 rows set per month (1 row for the conditional columns/attribute, 1 for the fixed column, and 1 as buffer/spacer).  The x-labels though are just plain text-box overriding the otherwise 'non-user-friendly' captions which are 'programmatic' labelling used to effect the grouping of stacked bars per month.

Just in case the sample pbix files are here and here.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 23.52.46.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 00.22.00.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
roeder
Regular Visitor

Hi... sharing with you my attempt.  This is not really a straight-forward solution, so this is more of a work-around to approximate the visualization preferred.

Basically, I've split the column with preferred conditional formatting (apologies, not sure which column, hence the sample snapshots are for either of the two) into 2 separate columns (or attributes), i.e. with (+) and (-).  And then transformed the dataset using the 'unpivot' facility thereby converting the data-value columns into "attribute" and "value" data fields instead. Then charting them using the stacked columnar visual, with 3 rows set per month (1 row for the conditional columns/attribute, 1 for the fixed column, and 1 as buffer/spacer).  The x-labels though are just plain text-box overriding the otherwise 'non-user-friendly' captions which are 'programmatic' labelling used to effect the grouping of stacked bars per month.

Just in case the sample pbix files are here and here.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 23.52.46.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 00.22.00.png

Roeder , great alternative . I liked very good implemented method , enjoyed the tes2 , option 2 . But I think the middle of concern in a BI tool terms to use artificial methods to achieve a result , it is the basic of a BI tool. I think it's not such complexity deploy it. If not so advanced and pressed for deliveries of dashboards , I would resign this platform. I think she has a lot to grow, but to grow giving priority to basic concepts like this that I exposed .  Roeder , thank you ..

ur welcome mr walnei... indeed there's still a lot of promise for this platform, and I would rather stick and grow in knowledge with it for a while as well. Other than qlik-sense, there's just no other online BI facility that covers as much feature-sets and as practically accessible to me for now (regardless of its frustrating if not challenging limitations).

walnei
Helper III
Helper III

Alguém consegue ajudar?

Did you check the setting of the bar graphic? In the right hand ?
Voce Puede poner formato condicional.. Jejejej fale en 3 idiomas, con algunas palabras en portuñol!'

Yes, but I wanted to make conditional formatting comparing a metric with the other

Hey walnei,

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tips-and-tricks-for-color-formatti...

for or this you need to create a new measure that takes care of that I guess. Have you tried that?

fabianhenzler , thanks but this tutorial does not help me . The precise format that is comparing two different dimensions to the image

Help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors