Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Venu_Sunkara
Helper I
Helper I

getting Publish to Web

Hi Team,

I'm new to Power BI and if i publish to web(public availability) my report to azure web application i'm getting error like "This content isn't available. Learn more about Power BI."

i am using power bi free trail license, Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Venu_Sunkara ,

From the Microsoft official document Publish to web from Power BI , we know the Microsoft Power BI user can use Publish to web, that means there is no license limitation for the user.

While there are some other limitations for publish to web:

• Reports using row level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  • Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  • "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting Data from visuals in a report, which has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Venu_Sunkara ,

From the Microsoft official document Publish to web from Power BI , we know the Microsoft Power BI user can use Publish to web, that means there is no license limitation for the user.

While there are some other limitations for publish to web:

• Reports using row level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  • Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  • "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting Data from visuals in a report, which has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

Hi @Venu_Sunkara ,

Yes, it is not supported to publish to web for Live Connection data source in Power BI currently . There is an idea about this issue, please vote it up, Make possible to publish to web reports connected to Power BI Service sources , and you can add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Venu_Sunkara ,

I think with power bi free trail license we cant deploy to web.

For that we need pro or premium license.

Regards,

Prakash

Hi Prakash_Mathi,

Thank you for your information,

Are you sure about it.

Thanks,

Venu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Venu_Sunkara ,

No I am not sure. That was my understanding.

Regards,

Prakash

Hi Prakash_Mathi,

Thanks,

do you know about scheduling refresh the data as well.(it is not enabled to me) is it because of free trail only or some other involvement is there?

Thanks,

Venus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In some of the blogs it has given that we can deploy and schedule the refresh with Free version.

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2018/02/power-bi-free-vs-pro/

There might be some other issue.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.