Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

get value from min timestamp by two other filters

Hi, I have a issue where I'm trying to get the value(decimal number) as my output in a measure, but it needs to filter to MIN timestamp of that task and another filter. How can I get this?
min timestamp value of minutesleft = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[minutesleft of workday]), Table[tasknumber] = 72, Table[isMain] = TRUE(), FILTER(Table, Table[originalTimeStamp] = MIN(Ark2[originalTimeStamp])))

I've tried this, but if there are values before what I would like (e.g different tasknumber) my measure returns blank.
Any good ideas on how to get just this one value. I would like to not create a calculated column to get the answer for this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

I think your filter is:

Ark2[tasknumber] = 72
Ark2[isMain] = TRUE ()
AND Ark2[originalTimeStamp] = Min Date (Ark2[tasknumber] = 72 ,Ark2[isMain] = TRUE ())
In your measure you use 
FILTER(Table, Table[originalTimeStamp] = MIN(Ark2[originalTimeStamp])))
It will return the table that originalTimeStamp = 2019/5/20/ 12:03:00, so you will get blank result.
amitchandak  's measure has the same problem.
I update your measure, or you can try my measure.
Measure1:
min timestamp value of minutesleft =
CALCULATE (
SUM ( Ark2[minutesleft of workday] ),
Ark2[tasknumber] = 72,
Ark2[isMain] = TRUE (),
FILTER (
ALLSELECTED ( Ark2 ),
Ark2[originalTimeStamp] = MINX(FILTER(Ark2,Ark2[tasknumber] = MAX ( Ark2[tasknumber] )), Ark2[originalTimeStamp] )
)
)
Measure2:
Measure =
CALCULATE (
FILTER (
ALL ( Ark2 ),
Ark2[tasknumber] = 72
&& Ark2[isMain] = TRUE ()
&& Ark2[originalTimeStamp]
= MINX (
FILTER ( Ark2, Ark2[tasknumber] = MAX ( Ark2[tasknumber] ) ),
Ark2[originalTimeStamp]
)
)
)

The result returns to 292.52.

You can download the pbix file from this link: get value from min timestamp by two other filters

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

CALCULATE(SUM(Table[minutesleft of workday]), Table[tasknumber] = 72, Table[isMain] = TRUE(),
FILTER(allselcted(Table), Table[originalTimeStamp] = MIN(Ark2[originalTimeStamp]) && Table[tasknumber] =max(Table[tasknumber])))

or

CALCULATE(SUM(Table[minutesleft of workday]), Table[tasknumber] = 72, Table[isMain] = TRUE(),
FILTER(allselcted(Table), Table[originalTimeStamp] = MIN(Ark2[originalTimeStamp])), allexcept(Table,Table[tasknumber] ))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

Seems that both are still returning blank. I might be doing something wrong here, but seems strange.

I've attached my pbix file here 

(https://gofile.io/d/XkkSXm)

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous 

I think your filter is:

Ark2[tasknumber] = 72
Ark2[isMain] = TRUE ()
AND Ark2[originalTimeStamp] = Min Date (Ark2[tasknumber] = 72 ,Ark2[isMain] = TRUE ())
In your measure you use 
FILTER(Table, Table[originalTimeStamp] = MIN(Ark2[originalTimeStamp])))
It will return the table that originalTimeStamp = 2019/5/20/ 12:03:00, so you will get blank result.
amitchandak  's measure has the same problem.
I update your measure, or you can try my measure.
Measure1:
min timestamp value of minutesleft =
CALCULATE (
Ark2[tasknumber] = 72,
Ark2[isMain] = TRUE (),
FILTER (
ALLSELECTED ( Ark2 ),
Ark2[originalTimeStamp] = MINX(FILTER(Ark2,Ark2[tasknumber] = MAX ( Ark2[tasknumber] )), Ark2[originalTimeStamp] )
)
)
Measure2:
Measure =
CALCULATE (
FILTER (
ALL ( Ark2 ),
Ark2[tasknumber] = 72
&& Ark2[isMain] = TRUE ()
&& Ark2[originalTimeStamp]
= MINX (
FILTER ( Ark2, Ark2[tasknumber] = MAX ( Ark2[tasknumber] ) ),
Ark2[originalTimeStamp]
)
)
)

The result returns to 292.52.

You can download the pbix file from this link: get value from min timestamp by two other filters

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

That looks really good and works, however, when I tried adding more ID's it stopped working correctly and gave something else in a table I created. I would like to compare different ID's and this is an issue then. Looks to be working when i filter for only on ID. 

Added the updated file here: https://gofile.io/d/xSlCdE

Really appreciate the help!

Hi @Paulyeo11 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept the helpful reply as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Sorry for my late response. Yes, problem has been solved by creating calculated columns as this proved to be needed to create other measures going forward after this as well. 

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous 

I try to download the pbix file you shared with me, but there may be something wrong in Gofile.

It will always show me :To download this file, please visit the download page : https://gofile.io/d/xSlCdE

Could you share me with your pbix file by your OneDrive for Business?

And you can give me some Screenshot of your issue and show me what result you want.

That may make it easier for me to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.