Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HCS
Frequent Visitor

gantt chart sub tasks and parent

Hi 

I am looking to create a Gantt chart with a "parent" task which will be the project, and then 5 sub-task which will show the different stages of the project. My dataset looks like the below, what do I need to do to create these sub tasks so I can get all those timelines on for each project in one view? 

example data.PNG

Thanks,

H

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @HCS,

I don't what the dates mean. I would suggest you try the Gantt visual from the Marketplace. Please refer to blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-gantt-chart/ and the snapshot below.

gantt_chart_sub_tasks_and_parent

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

I am trying to make the project title the "parent" and the project phases the sub-tasks so for each project you have an appraise duration, select duration, execute duration and so forth - do you know how I can achieve this on the gantt chart? 

Thanks,

H

Hi @HCS,

Is the data in the snapshot all you have? I have no idea about the sub-tasks, select duration, execute duration in your data. Can you share it here? Please refer to and download the sample from blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-gantt-chart/

gantt_chart_sub_tasks_and_parent2

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

This is my dataset:

powerbi data.PNG

I am trying to create a gantt chart so that down the left hand side (the task list) are my project titles, and then by clicking an arrow down sign I can expand out those tasks to include sub-tasks such as below - do you how I do this?

gantt chart.PNG

Thanks,

H

Hi @HCS,

I don't aware any Drill down function in the custom visual "Gantt". Maybe you can create two separate visuals. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.