Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

gains chart

Hi,

I have a data set that includes 2 dates; marketing date & Quote date.

I have created a column that shows the number of days between the market date and the quote date.

The data set also includes an individual ID for each person which is used to calculate the total audience.  As well as this, there is also quote data included sucj as a flag to say whetehr that individual has recived a quote since they were marketed.  Using these 2 metrics the response rate is calculated (quotes/audience).

Now this is where my problem arises.  I want to create a chart showing how the reponse rate (quotes/audience) matures as the number of days between the marketing and quote dates increase.  It's a gains charts which i have created in excel but can't seem to replicate within power bi.

Example below;

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my assumption, I created below sample table and added two calculated columns.

days =
DATEDIFF ( 'Test Data1'[market date], 'Test Data1'[quote date], DAY )

response rate =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Test Data1'[Individual ID] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Test Data1', 'Test Data1'[days] )
)
    / COUNT ( 'Test Data1'[Individual ID] )

1.PNG

Then, add [days] to X-axis, add [response rate] to Values section of line chart.

For more advice, please share your sample data and desired output.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my assumption, I created below sample table and added two calculated columns.

days =
DATEDIFF ( 'Test Data1'[market date], 'Test Data1'[quote date], DAY )

response rate =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Test Data1'[Individual ID] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Test Data1', 'Test Data1'[days] )
)
    / COUNT ( 'Test Data1'[Individual ID] )

1.PNG

Then, add [days] to X-axis, add [response rate] to Values section of line chart.

For more advice, please share your sample data and desired output.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.