Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Magdelicia
Frequent Visitor

future % margin and futur pipeline

I have a project table which contains informations about opportunities at different stated : Closed/won, qualified, In conclusion.

Then i want to have the pipeline (actual and futur) and the margin (actual and futur). I aboslutely don't know how to do do the future margin and the future pipeline. 

What i tried for future margin:

actual margin = sum(Timesheet[$_Customer_invoice])- sum(Timesheet[Total_cost_Customer])

margin this year = if(YEAR(NOW())=2017, actual margin,0

margin last year = if(previousyear(now())=2016,actual margin,0)

future margin = margin this year - margin last year

The future margin doesnt work at all. I have no information on my visualizations.

What i tried for future pipeline:

I just choosed my $_opportunity and in the filter i choosed 3 stages (closed/won, qualified and in conclusion)

Then how can i predict the $_opportunities in the future ?

weird resultweird result

I don't know what i did not correctly ? Ned some help and advices please.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Magdelicia,

You need to provide the detail structure of your table, so that we can make further analysis.

We have TOTALYTD function and SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR function to compare this year and last year value. 

TOTALYTD evaluates the year-to-date value of the expression in the current context.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634400.aspx

SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR eturns a table that contains a column of dates shifted one year back in time from the dates in the specified dates column, in the current context.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634972.aspx

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.