Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

function text import recognition

Hi, I have ta table with some metrics. In column is the thresold format header.

For a row, the data look like this.

UNICHAR(128992)&":<80%"&UNICHAR(10)&UNICHAR(128993)&":80-90%"&UNICHAR(128994)&":>90%"

if I have this powerbi inside written in a function on a measure then when I select this measure to the matrix everything works and unichars apear normally.

When I import this column from db and select the column to the matrix, then I see only the text. Is there anyway to do powerbi parse the function after import.?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

I don't find a solution to make a text string recognized as a DAX expression. Do all rows data have the same format? If so, a workaround is to split the text and extract unichar numbers in Power Query Editor first. Then combine them into DAX expression again in Power BI Desktop. 

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCvXzdPZwDNIwNLKwtDTSjCk1MDAyi1GyAjGMky0MVGOUIGJwhQaaaAIgncYInRYGupZYtIFUmaCZnwpWqBQbCwA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [column = _t]),
    #"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(Source, "column", Splitter.SplitTextByAnyDelimiter({"&",""""}, QuoteStyle.None)),
    #"Replace Empty with Null" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Split Column by Delimiter","",null,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"column.1", "column.2", "column.3", "column.4", "column.5", "column.6", "column.7", "column.8", "column.9", "column.10", "column.11", "column.12", "column.13"}),
    #"Remove Null Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(
        #"Replace Empty with Null",
        List.Select(
            Table.ColumnNames(#"Replace Empty with Null"),
            each List.NonNullCount(Table.Column(#"Replace Empty with Null",_)) <> 0
        )
    ),
    #"Extract Unichar Number" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Remove Null Columns", {{"column.1", each Text.BetweenDelimiters(_, "(", ")"), type text}, {"column.5", each Text.BetweenDelimiters(_, "(", ")"), type text}, {"column.6", each Text.BetweenDelimiters(_, "(", ")"), type text}, {"column.10", each Text.BetweenDelimiters(_, "(", ")"), type text}})
in
    #"Extract Unichar Number"

071404.jpg

071405.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , Because at that time power BI treat it as string, not the formula 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.