Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

frame multiple slicer visuals

Hey all,

I would like to set a frame around two slicers, to express that they belong together. I want to avoid a frame bar between these two slicers. 

Therefore my idea was to put a text field over the two slicers, keep it empty and just apply the frame.

However, now it's not possible any more to use the slicers, since clicks are applied to the text field, not the slicers.

Do you have another solution in mind?

KR

Susanne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Insert a rectangle shape (Insert>>Shapes>>Rectangle) then, from the Format sub menu, select 'Send to back'.

Capture.JPG

Make sure the size of your slicers matches up perfectly with the size of the shape.

Your slicers will sit in front of the shape so any clicks will be applied to the slicer, not the shape.

Best regards,
Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Insert a rectangle shape (Insert>>Shapes>>Rectangle) then, from the Format sub menu, select 'Send to back'.

Capture.JPG

Make sure the size of your slicers matches up perfectly with the size of the shape.

Your slicers will sit in front of the shape so any clicks will be applied to the slicer, not the shape.

Best regards,
Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

After applying the rectangle, I would group it with the two slicers, to create a group named object. This will be easier to work with and move, as well as prioritize together in the selection panel. I have had to do these many times for data card and action button groups as part of a form on my dashboards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @MartynRamsden 

awesome thanks !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.