Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

formatting row headers in Matrix

Hello everybody,

I have 3 different line areas in my matrix. I would like to give the first line area header a different color. How does it work?

ITAL_0-1621933006838.png

6 REPLIES 6
ken
Frequent Visitor

Even, currently with Matrix visual, if you want to change the color of ONLY upper row header color(text), you should set the 'Style presets' back to 'Default'. Otherwise, the entire row headers color will change altogether. 

For example, when you choose 'Minimal' or 'None' in Style presets, entire row headers' color changes at once, which is a weird behavior. Be careful;;

joshuarblackman

This limitation is just embarrasing as a report writer.  I can conditionaly format every value in the matrix exept the row headers. 

I'm just at a loss.  I just dont care about all your new features anymore.  If the reports dont look good then the back end doesn't matter.  This is a great example at the lack of attention from the PBI development team to formatting visuals.  I want to be a fan of PBI but this is just pushing me to find and adopt other BI solutions.  I've been patient for years, I've had enough. 

same problem I still need an option in row headers to allow using the colour of values...or conditional format

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this does not quite meet customer requirements. As I understand it, there is no way to highlight individual groups of lines in color. Are there any other matrix visuals from the store that can do more in this case?

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

As mentioned by @amitchandak ,If you just want to change then color of head, you can change  the font color\background color of row headers in "Format Pane".However, it will  applied to all subtotal headers.

42.png

You can consider  using conditional formatting  to formate row value as below:

Conditional formatting = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table1[Segment]),"","lightblue")

44.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Tou can choose a color for headers ( As of now same color for all headers, in case of matrix)

Also conditional formatting is not allowed on Matrix row values

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.