Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

formatting a slicer drop-down

I have a report that uses a dark theme.  If my slicer has a black background with white text, the drop-down ends up being a white background with white text (aside from the one that has the mouse hovering)

How do I change the background color (white) of the drop-down?

slicer dropdown.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Normally, we could change the background color of the drop-down under item.

Untitled.png

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Shandar
Regular Visitor

I'd like to re-open this thread, as Andyfoster states this isn't solved. 
Changes in Power BI / Fabric made it so that the background doesn't work correctly anymore and I experience the same issue: 

Background set to transparent, value color set to white and yet the background is also white instead of transparent:

Shandar_0-1686659352992.png

Anyone know the solution to this? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm encountering this issue now. A workaround for now is to set the background to any color except transparent and then you can set the text color independently.

koplis
Advocate I
Advocate I

It's under "Values" now. See screenshot below

It seems like by default the background for the selected item is transparent but background for the dropdown is white. Once you select a colour it affects both.

koplis_0-1654055496671.png

this solution works thank you

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Normally, we could change the background color of the drop-down under item.

Untitled.png

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What Power BI version are you using? I find it way too classy. PLease let me know.

My probleme is slightly different, the selection box on the left is black when selected, so we don't see it well, I haven't found any option to chose the color of the selection 😞

PhilCh_1-1675250622213.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This items option is not there in 2022 May version. How to change color of values in drop down of slicer

It moved under Values -> Background. Hope this screen shot helps!

abrennan707_0-1664387424327.png

Thanks for this, it seems I cannot use the same tranparency as within the effects > background, which means I now have an ugly looking text background on the drop down, where as the title I have is nicely blended in to the back ground, I wanted the background to be the same transparency as the title MRR Band, the background option looks to be just a basic colour to choose, sadly. 

pbi.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.