Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nwabramson
Advocate III
Advocate III

format distinct count

Is there a way to format the numeric result of an aggregation such as distinct count? I would like to add commas to my results and can't figure out how to display. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nwabramson

A way yo solve your problem is:

If is only one value to show you can use a Card Visual. (In formatting Options you can made the changes to show the ,)

or Create a a measure to made the Distinct Count

Carrier-DC=DistinctCount(Table[Carrier]) And Formatting this measure (In modeling)

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nwabramson

Hi, you can model your field, column or measure going to Modeling Section:

Modeling.png

Lima - Peru

How do I model for a text field that I am creating a distinct count? I can't seem to figure it out for aggregates. 

If you go to the Data Label in the formatting, you can change the display units to none and the value decimal places to 0 the 1,000 comma appears in the result.

If you go to the formating options and look at the Data label field. If you change the Display units to 'None' and the Value decimal places from Auto to 0 then the 1000 comma separator is shown in the result. Found this by accident.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Take a look here

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634924.aspx

just be aware FORMAT converts everything to text

Hello - I do not know how to use the format command with a table that shows a distinct count of a text field.  I can't use the modeling format here either. I would like it to display 1,362 instead of 1362 .

format_distinct_count.PNG

@nwabramson

A way yo solve your problem is:

If is only one value to show you can use a Card Visual. (In formatting Options you can made the changes to show the ,)

or Create a a measure to made the Distinct Count

Carrier-DC=DistinctCount(Table[Carrier]) And Formatting this measure (In modeling)

Lima - Peru

Thanks! That sounds like either way would solve my problem! Nancy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.