Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MateuszBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

forecasting on SSAS MD

Does it work? It crashes visuals on the top of my SSAS MD Cube. Same functionality works on loaded model.

5 REPLIES 5
Eric_Sergerie
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same thing here. It seems to be a larger issue where dates coming from a SSAS MD live connection are converted as text by PBI no matter how you set your date in SSAS.

Is there any solution to that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I am also having the same issue. Using SSAS date values or just number values as dates, but still the forecast feature does not appear 😞 Have you had any luck to solving this issue since you last posted? @Eric_Sergerie @MateuszBI

We moved to tabular mostly. It works fine there. Seems that MD have more and more missing functionalities.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MateuszBI,

Do you mean the new feature forecasting feature in the latest version of Power BI? What do you mean by crashed visuals?  Please provide us more information so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Since this feature is in preview, If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Same question here. Is it supposed to work with a SSAS MD data source? I'm using the PBI November update and I'm not able to make it worked.

If I use a date field on the x-axis, the forcasting option is not there. If I use a number (like a month number), the forecasting option is there but if I enable it (add a forecasting line), I got the following error: "Data type is inconsistent, Forecast can't be created because the values are not all numbers".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.