Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spud
Regular Visitor

first time customer orders product

Hello,

How do I build a report that finds out when a customer orders a new product that they haven't purchased before

hypothetical simple example below:

The supplier has the following items to sell:

spinach code 456

apples   code  331

lettuce  code  222

oranges code 321

cherries code 385

A customer usually orders  the below:

spinach code 456

apples   code  331

lettuce  code  222

However a customer suddenly starts ordering an item they have never ordered before:

cherries code 385

How could I build a report or to capture the first time this customer ordered Cherries code 385?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spud,

I made a sample like this and create two measures to meet your requirement.

maxdate = IF( MAX('VALUE'[DATE])=CALCULATE(MAX('VALUE'[DATE]),ALL('VALUE')),1,0)
Measure = CALCULATE(COUNT('VALUE'[client]))

Capture.PNG

Here I create the visuals like this, in the visual level filters we need to make maxdate and measure is 1 in both tables visuals. Then we can easily find that A puchase a new product on 2018/02/02.

222.PNG

For more details. please check the pbix as attached. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share excepted result to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m2aiois8hfaoh5/first%20time%20customer%20orders%20product.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spud,

I made a sample like this and create two measures to meet your requirement.

maxdate = IF( MAX('VALUE'[DATE])=CALCULATE(MAX('VALUE'[DATE]),ALL('VALUE')),1,0)
Measure = CALCULATE(COUNT('VALUE'[client]))

Capture.PNG

Here I create the visuals like this, in the visual level filters we need to make maxdate and measure is 1 in both tables visuals. Then we can easily find that A puchase a new product on 2018/02/02.

222.PNG

For more details. please check the pbix as attached. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share excepted result to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m2aiois8hfaoh5/first%20time%20customer%20orders%20product.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @spud,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors