cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geor_2011 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

filters dependent on different reports

Hello, 

For simplicity, assume I have 2 reports in Power BI. Both have the filter for "Gender", with "Male" and "Female" as filter options. I wonder if it is possible to have the two filters be dependent on each other, even though they are on diferrent reports.

For example, I filter on "Male" in report 1 and when I go to report 2, this filter for "Gender" is automatically preselected at "Male". Assuming that I can still manually change this if I need to. Is this possible? Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ricardocamargos Established Member
Established Member

Re: filters dependent on different reports

Hi @geor_2011,

This is a new function, its been avaliable since the last release (Feb/18).

Thanks,

Ricardo

3 REPLIES 3
Established Member

Hi @geor_2011,

If you mean Report by different PBIX files I don't think it's possible. However if they are in the same PBIX file you can do it using the new function "sync slycers".

You can check it on this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicers#synchronize-slicers-across-report-pages

Ricardo

geor_2011 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @ricardocamargos.

Maybe I'm overseeing something here, if so I apologise, but my View menu does not display the option "sync slycers". Is there any functionality I need to enable? Or do I need to have the latest (or one of the later versions of Power Bi? I've installed mine almost 1.5 years ago, and I have not updated it since.

I appreciate your help, thanks alot.

Established Member

Hi @geor_2011,

This is a new function, its been avaliable since the last release (Feb/18).

Thanks,

Ricardo