Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

filtering a table content connected to other tables using Bi-directional relationship

Hi community,

I am trying to filter "sub Topics" in Topic tree table based on the "Topic_Id " in Calculated Table.

Topic main is the table that has unique Topic_ID's and hence is connected to Topic_Tree & Calculated Table thorough Topic_ID column. I have Delibrately made the two relationship bidirectional in order to reach the third table. somehow i am not able to get the result. If it is not possible like this than how can i achieve this. Any way arround??

Relationship_2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@hemantsingh

What's your exepcted result? 

As I tested, once you build the bi-directional relationship, you should be able to filter the "sub Topics" in Topic_Tree with "Topic_Id " in Calculated Table. 

See my sample: 

6.PNG

66.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@hemantsingh

What's your exepcted result? 

As I tested, once you build the bi-directional relationship, you should be able to filter the "sub Topics" in Topic_Tree with "Topic_Id " in Calculated Table. 

See my sample: 

6.PNG

66.PNG

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft,

Thanks for your reply. Further, I had made a small mistake during data modelling. hence i was not able to get the desired result. Further, your solution for now is correct but my requirements are a little different. I am working on those . In cse i get stuck i will upload sample data & then will ask you for guidance.

Further, can you please advice if i can use "related" function for adding a column to a table which is not directly connected to the table from where i need to fetch the value. but is connected using bi directionnal relationship or you can say from a table which is not directly connected.

For now i am able to bring in column or can use column that are directly connected to the each other or you can say the tables are directly connected to each other. Need your inputs to this.

regards,

Hemant

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.