Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

czu1855
Frequent Visitor

filter on slicer for a particular value

Hi, Is it possible in Power BI to select filter on slicer for a particular value e.g. if i select year 2018 it select only quater 1 and quater 2 but with other year selection like 2016,2017 it select all four quaters for on going projects Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @czu1855,

You need to add two slicers, one for year and the other for quarter. Then select desired year value and quarter value in slicers to filter data. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i think you didnot understand the problem if i add two slicers, one for year and the other for quarter. Then select desired year value and quarter value in slicers to filter data it select Q1 and Q2 for all the years , which i dont want . I only want Q1 and Q2 for 2018 while  for all other year 2016,2017 it should select all four quaters.

Hi @czu1855,

You can create two slicers, one for year and the other for quarter. Select the 2018 in year slicer and Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 in quarter slicer, create a bookmark to save this states. Then deselect previous selection, select the 2016 and 2017 in year slicer, Quarter 1, Quarter 2,  Quarter 3 and Quarter 4 for quarter slicer, save as second bookmark. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Then you can add desired buttons in the report, and link to corresponding bookmark. When you click on the button, it will filter with desired year and quarter. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-buttons

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.