Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhsk
Helper II
Helper II

filter matrix to show only negative values

Hi, I would like to ask you for advise if it is possible to filter only items that have minus in matrix? im interested in only those where minus will appear (in any week).

what i have:

1.PNG

and this is what im expecting to have:

2.PNG

The calculation in matrix is a measure showing stock level in each week, so if i just filter with a measure then i will get only items where total of measure is below 0 it will not check week by week. Many thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mhsk ,

Create a new measure as below to work on it.

Measure 2 = IF([Measure]>=0,BLANK(),[Measure])

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Put a visual level filter on the measure [Measure]>0

Filrer Pane Visual Level filter.png

This is a bit different scenario. please put your measure as value, weeks as column and any other dimention that measure impacts  (part, etc) in row. Thing is measure filter will work for total measure value <0 and im looking for to see measure values <0 for each week / each part.

So to cut the long story short im just looking to see all items (rows) where measure was <0 at any week (like on this picture):

2.PNG

when there was an event = measure<0  it is coloured in red and i just want to see items impacted by red. doable?

Hi @mhsk ,

Create a new measure as below to work on it.

Measure 2 = IF([Measure]>=0,BLANK(),[Measure])

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks for your help!

This is not actually 100% an accurate solution. As you can see, the total of the matrix is blank as well. The positive values had been hidden, but not removed from the calculation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.