Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbahugu2
Helper I
Helper I

filter data source using visual selection change

Hi All,

I have a power BI report which fetches data from an API. API has a date range and for each day data is added to data source from which API is returning data.

I dont want to load all the data in Power BI and then apply slicer or filter. Is there any way I can call the API at run time with user selected date range and loads only data which is required ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sbahugu2,

I'm afraid it's hard to select the range in a slicer or a filter. But the parameter could be helpful. Please refer to this post. When we change the value of the parameter, new data will be fetched.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello thanks for the reply.

Using parameters have few limitation in my case:

1) parameters are limited to PBI desktop only and so not work with service or published report.

2) Every time there is change required in parameter values we need to publish the report again with refreshed data set and so its not good idea

Hi @sbahugu2,

I'm afraid there isn't a better way for now. I would suggest you vote up this idea or create a new one.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.