Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Barrettone
Helper I
Helper I

filter box in report page

I am looking to apply a filter to a visualisation in a report. I have multiple inputs, and I want to be able to only show one. 

I have 4 sources of information and I want to only show 1. As there are 4 separate data sources, applying a slicer will only affect 1 data source. How can I make it so the visualisation only shows 1 of the data sources?

Additionally, how do you make a filter into a dropdown box on the report page? 

2 REPLIES 2
Barrettone
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Amitchandak,

I have 4 unconnected inputs, for example the sum of the output of 4 different machines. I wish to display information from these machines on a single graph. Using a slicer only affects one at a time and additionally I want to have the option to only show information from one input at a time on a graph. 

Slicers are not the option, so I was thinking that Filters would work, e.g. Filter to show machine 1 only. 

Is there a way to do this? To have a dropdown in the main window of the report that acts as a filter? What is an alternative way to affect 4, unconnected sources of data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Barrettone , You should add a slicer to the page, if the source is column

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.