Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OkbaBG
Frequent Visitor

filter and show only values greater than selected.

Hi, I need some help to create a simple DAX function that filters all values in a table/visual that are greater than a selected value corresponding to a number associated to a brand.

For example:

Nike   1000

addidas  3000

Puma   2000

New Order 2500

My Brand 2200

I want to create a Dax function that only selects and shows in table the brands and their sale numbers that are greater than "My Brand" .. 

Any advice would be welcome.. thx in advace. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find any solution?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi OkbaBG,

You can use a visual level filter like below to achieve your requirement.

捕获.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

What if you want to do this with a value selected from another visual instead of a static value?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find a way to do this?

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-the-selectedvalue-function-in-dax/

I hope this article provides you with a solution

OkbaBG
Frequent Visitor

thanks, but Selectedvalue returns the catagorical name ("My Brand"), I would like the measure to return the coresponding numeric value in the table. So I can then create another measure that returns all values greater than that number.. 

OkbaBG
Frequent Visitor

Measure = AVERAGEX(FILTER('USWITCH TABLE (Pivot)', RELATED('USWITCH Supplier/Plan'[supplier]) = "British Gas"), 'USWITCH TABLE (Pivot)'[Value])

Measure 2 = AVERAGEX(FILTER('USWITCH TABLE (Pivot)', [average values] >= [Measure]), [average values])

these two measures do not seam to filter out the values as i wish.. any idea why the > sign does not work, but when i replace it with = then it does and filters the value down to one row for british Gas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.