Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

filter a table using data in a field doesn't work

Hi, i have an issue with bar charts and using the to filter the same data in my table below.
I've attached a screen print of the sample deck (I can't figure out how to upload a sample PBIX

i have a table with ID field and multiple datebuckets. Both my bar chart and my table are connected to the same data

I have a bar chart that sums up each category.  

I click on the bar that shows the count of each of these.  But for some reason the table below doesn't filter by my choice.
So if i click on a bar (ex. 2 Bus Days) I would have expected the table below to only show records with 2 bus days. But it doesn't appear to be filtering the table below, no matter what I do.

I've attached this image, I can't seem to upload my sample PBIX file. Thanks very much for your help

SteveFromLI_1-1642626318338.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure thing, attached.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks like it did the trick! Thanks very very much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your's clearly works, however when i emulated that you show here, I'm unable to recreate it.
Could you send me this sample as a PBIX file so i try it to compare the difference? 
It looks like you're doing what i wanted to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. It looks like you've built a second table to use against the first one. Am i right?
Do you think Is this the only way to solve this issue?

Shouldn't make any difference.

See new PBIX attached. Page 2. All from one table.

Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
KIfp67uy-Sr

Sure thing, attached.

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
KNP
Super User
Super User

The first place to check would be the edit interactions.

KNP_1-1642627165106.gif

You have to use cloud service (google drive) to share PBIX/Files.

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. It does look like it works for you. by creating a second table to do what you need to do. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.