Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

file import from excel files

Hi guys,

I'm trying this:

I have all my data in excel. All the tables and queries. 

In power bi, goto File, Import and Excel Worbook contents. After that, i will upload to your pbi file all tables and queries. You don't have an option, unfortunatly, to choose what do you want.

But my question is this:

If i change something in my excel file, like the main table with just the records from this month, when i open the pbi i can see the records from all months. I must be doing something wrong. I though by refreshing (Home - Refresh) it would be enough but it's not. Also, in Home - Edit queries, there's another option, Refresh Preview. I always do Refresh All. Still nothing happens.

So my question remains: how to refresh the connections, how to refresh all my queries from excel? And yes i did save my excel file first (lol)

Thank you so much for your help

Pedro

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi pedromooji,

"If i change something in my excel file, like the main table with just the records from this month, when i open the pbi i can see the records from all months. I must be doing something wrong."

<--- Could you share some more details about what have you done in your excel and power query? Some screenshots will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Can you send us some picture of one example? When you select only the data from this month are you doing this using filters in excel, or deleting the data from another months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys, 

Many thanks for your answers but if you need more info on this it means you didn't try it so far. Therefor, unfortunatly for me, you can't help me.

Thanks anyway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.