Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

melissd
Employee
Employee

feed from an excel in Sharepoint

I know that there have ben some posts about the excel from a SharePOint, but no resoluition to my issues. Can anyone explain r show how to upload data from an excel file that lives in a SharePoint? I am going to Get data>Excel>SharePoint but no luck. 😞

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@melissd

To load data from Excel file on Sharepoint, you should go to "Get Data->Sharepoint Folder->Excel file". Or you can try the file URL via Web connection. 

Regards,

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

What part isn't working? Are you getting an error? I tested with an Excel file saved in a SharePoint document library, and went to Get Data -> Excel. In the file selection window, I pasted the link to the document library, minus the /Forms/AllItems.aspx at the end of the link. I was prompted for my network credentials, entered them, and could then select and load data from the Excel file the same as if it were on my Desktop.

Thank you. Now it worked, but now I have a message see attached. But I do not know where to put it on my trausted list. HAs it happened to you?

AccessDenied.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.