Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

feature requires restart due to setting s from you IT administrator

Hello, Upgraded to latest version 2.50 and this morning I have 2 usesrs complaining of getting below error and this keeps comming even after rebooting the PC, Restarting the application, loging off and loging back.

Is thare a way to get rid of this error.

For one user this happened yesterday morning and later by noon he was able to work on the dashboard. But it came back today.

123.jpg

20 REPLIES 20
BigE1
Regular Visitor

Getting the same message here as well, even after installing newest version.

fitcja
Helper I
Helper I

Is anyone else getting this error right in front of the other restart messages?

Capture.PNG

I've not seen that one before as far as I recall. 

billjn
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm getting the same issue when I log into my O365 account within Power BI Desktop.  I can click OK and continue my work (publish seems to work fine), but this happens every time I log in. 

Hi,

I am still getting this issue. Did anyone find a solution?

powerbi.png

I have tried updating the application as per the prompt for a new version. Once I click OK I can use the application but not sure why its displaying this error and how I remove it. Have restarted app, desktop, etc.

Thanks

KieranMagill
Frequent Visitor

We're seeing this issue in our organisation too. Any news would be appreciated!

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

We have consulted the issue internally, we will post the update if there any information.

Best Regards,
Angelia

ANy updates on the issue. It is something we have started getting from yesterday only. Also Publish to Web option is not available for any Reports now.

aguntupalli
Frequent Visitor

Do you have any update on this issue.

prasy14
Helper I
Helper I

Even we are getting same  error while publishing Power BI report , I have 3 reports of size between 240MB to 280MB and all three reports have this error. the other report whos size is less than 150MB doesnt have any issues in publishing

PBI.PNG

tdodds74
Regular Visitor

We are getting this issue as well ... everything described above we can confirm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got it few minutes ago when trying to publish to the Service. Close PBI Desktop and re-open, but same error. Is something wrong on the Service side?

Hi @Anonymous,

Please connect your IT department if they set up something on the application your company used. Then uninstall and install it again, check if the issue disappears.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angelina,

I tried your suggestion of uninstall and re-install Power BI Desktop and it solved the issue 🙂

Thank you very much,

Leo

Hi @Anonymous,

If the reply is helpful for you, you can accept it as answer, so more people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Our organisation is experiencing the same issue as descriped by the opening post since yesterday.  Reinstalling does not fix it for us - I tried rebooting after uninstalling and then reinstalling and even tried rolling back to a previous version.  The same pop up window still appears after login 

I suppose you stayed signed-in after reinstall? Any profile cleanup before? Please, try also "Sign out" or "switch account".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Support, Any updates on this. More users are seeing this after upgrading to new version 2.50

Hi, the same issue. Appears with each "account action" - login\change. If it's about some "local" settings, that could be managed by IT-department, please provide a clue what settings that could be. Probably you may know as your code reacts on those. Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wondering if someone from Microsoft is even aware of this and looking at this issue.

Today more users started yealling about this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.