Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arunaramana
Helper III
Helper III

failed to get totals grouped by column-data in Power BI Visuals using AdventureWorksDW2019

Hello There,

Could anyone help me understand where am I doing mistake in achieving following task: 

I tried to get Reseller-Name wise sales figure in AdventureWorksDW2019;

where

1. ResellerName a column in 'DimReseller' dimension table

2. Total_ResllerSales is the sum(SalesAmount) from FactResellerSales table

3. there is a one-to-many relation from dimension table to fact table over the column "ResellerKey". The figures indicate that the fact-table data were not being filtered based on the column 'ResellerName'. 

I tried the similar approach between the tables 'DimProductCategory' and 'FactInternetSales' which is working; all these observations could be understood from the visuals -copy I attached to this email. Could anyone help me understand where is that I am missing the logic?

Thank you for giving your valuable time.

FactResellerSales-Filtering.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arunaramana ,

Glad that you have solved your problem, would you mind marking the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arunaramana ,

Glad that you have solved your problem, would you mind marking the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

arunaramana
Helper III
Helper III

I believe I found the reason for sales-data haven't been filter by the column selected; and it is because the relationship is inactive between the dim-table and fact-table as shown in the figure below:

Inactive-relation-between-DimResller-FactResellerSales.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.