Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danbrow

facebook limit post is not working

Hello everyone,

I'm with difficult to limit the return the posts quantity of Facebook. This code below is not working !!

Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/[facebook-id]/posts?limit=100")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@danbrow,

I guess that you don't have more than 100 posts 4 months before? Please check the knowledge base post by Eric.

In your scenario, you can keep top 100 rows by selecting the following option.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@danbrow,

Based on my test, no matter which limit value you set in the URL, it would finally retrieve all posts information from facebook. The limit only affect how many records the API returns in each call, it doesn't use to limit the whole post number in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Firtly, Thx for the answer.

like you said "The limit only affect how many records the API returns in each call" i ithink that each record is a post.  So, do you know how limit the return of records?

See how i'm using the facebook graph. Its returning more of 500 rows.

"= Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/793282314057999/posts?limit=50")"

LimitFace.png

Observation: Some time ago (about 4 months) i did exactly that i said and was working.

@danbrow,

I guess that you don't have more than 100 posts 4 months before? Please check the knowledge base post by Eric.

In your scenario, you can keep top 100 rows by selecting the following option.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Do u understand this phrase "The limit only affect how many records the API returns in each call." ?

i keep the first top 10 post rows. This retrive about 20k likes rows and 8k comments rows. Limiting to 10 posts rows i get the load with sucefull. 

@danbrow

You can check the returned records using Facebook Graph API Explorer, you will find that when you add limit parameter, it will return limited records in each call.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors