Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smarguin
Advocate I
Advocate I

facebook couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided

Hi,

I have put together a dashboard / report pulling data from Facebook Graph API. It worked for about a month and is not working anymore. I have an error message "We couldnt authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again". My credentials are correct, I am admin of the account, I have a valid query and a valid access token. I have tested the query in Graph explorer and it works. I have changed my Power BI desktop Privacy settings to "always ignore Privacy Level settings". I have also tested various versions of the api (v2.7 onwards)... not working.

= Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.12/me/insights?metric=page_views&access_token=xxx")

If I test 

= Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.10/me/posts") 

It works fine but goes to my personal account not the Facebook accounts I am admin for.

Any clue? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
smarguin
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi

I have now tried to connect using the master account and that didnt work either. It seems the problem comes from the Authentification side of Power BI?

Thanks

Sonia

smarguin
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi

I have now tried to connect using the master account and that didnt work either. It seems the problem comes from the Authentification side of Power BI?

Thanks

Sonia

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @smarguin,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Could you try the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.56.5023.942 (March 2018)) to see if it works? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I am using the March 2018 build.

Cheers

Sonia

I am having the exact same problem.  It worked for months and now doesn't work.  I have checked everything and it works fine in facebook api explorer so my guess again Power Bi is having another issue with an API and is not bothering to fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.