Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

extract single value

Hi,

in the attached sheet, C4 extracts the unique values from C3 with conditions

C1-A && C2-P1in C4 - 500, If C2 is duplicated single value should consider in C4.

Hence the reuired Column is C4 based on C1 & C2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l0bGaAX4p8uLjUXupxa2LZRpnvcvQj5R/view?usp=sharing 

10 REPLIES 10
edhans
Super User
Super User

Check out the file attached.

It returns the following table in Power Query:

2020-03-11 20_28_40-Table1 - Power Query Editor.png

It does it by inserting an Index column first, then getting the previous row by referencing the index value - 1.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please share the file 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, the result is rigth, ist possible to share the Pbix file to understnad better.

My post had a link to a file Chandra.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Or you could do like this:

First, create a [Index] column in "Edit Queries";

Second, create a calculated column:

Column = 
VAR x = MOD([Index], 2)
RETURN
IF(
    x = 0,
    BLANK(),
    [C3]
)

ee10.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It need not in a sequence .. the records in C3 will not be in sequence. In that how to resolve this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Above solution doesn't work

@Anonymous can you be more specific? You keep saying for us to share the file, but my first post has the file link. 2020-03-17 06_43_07-Re_ extract single value - Microsoft Power BI Community.png

THen you keep responding that something isn't working. Can you please tell us EXACTLY what isn't working and what your expected output is? Help us help you. Just saying "it doesn't work" isn't helpful. Our solutions do work if implemented correctly and if we understand your requirements. You have to be very clear about what those requirements are, and what exactly isn't working to give those requirements

Hi @Anonymous ,

First sort the [C1] column in ascending order, then sort the [C2] column in ascending order, and finally add the [Index] column:

gg13.PNGgg12.PNG

gg14.PNG

gg15.PNG

Column = MOD(Sheet3[Index], 2)
Column 2 = 
IF(
    [Column] = 1,
    [C3],
    BLANK()
)

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

The [Index] column is not added for sorting, but to lock the rows in each group (grouped by C1 and C2 columns), because the values of C3 after grouping of C1 and C2 columns are the same, so the condition cannot be judged.This is a convenient calculation method.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.