Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

josedc

expression error we cannot convert value 117 to type text

Here is my source code. There is no data type tranformation happening in the source. I tried trimming & cleaning but the trimming tends to convert the data to text. I tried replacing blank cells with a value as well. 

And this value 117 is nowhere to be found in my data which is making it hard  to trouble shoot.

let
Source = CostSheets,
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Name] = "Vendor cost sheet")),
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Filtered Rows",{"Source.Name", "Data"}),
#"Expanded Data" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Data", {"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column11", "Column12", "Column13", "Column14", "Column15", "Column16", "Column17", "Column18", "Column19", "Column20", "Column21", "Column22", "Column23", "Column24", "Column25", "Column26", "Column27", "Column28"}, {"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column11", "Column12", "Column13", "Column14", "Column15", "Column16", "Column17", "Column18", "Column19", "Column20", "Column21", "Column22", "Column23", "Column24", "Column25", "Column26", "Column27", "Column28"}),
#"Filtered Rows1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Expanded Data", each [Column1] = "MATERIAL NAME" or [Column1] = "PRELIMINARY MATERIAL" or [Column1] = "PRIMARY MATERIAL" or Text.StartsWith([Column1], "Material")),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Filtered Rows1", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(#"Promoted Headers", each ([MATERIAL NAME] <> "MATERIAL NAME")),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Filtered Rows2",{"Column28", "Column29"}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"02443_D237645_0123_HTHR_SIZE16.xlsm", "Source"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns"

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @josedc,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at below link has similar error message:

Power Query Error Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value .. to type Text

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@Xiaoxin thank you for your reply. So the code I posted is at its basic form. I have done data type transformations, step by step queries to see where the issue may arise and everything this post you sent suggest prior making my post.

To give a little background. I combined a little over 5,000 workbooks with the same data structure. When I try to import a random 10-50 workbooks it works with no problem. The moment I reach the 3 digit range issues occur.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks again.

HI @josedc,

>>To give a little background. I combined a little over 5,000 workbooks with the same data structure. When I try to import a random 10-50 workbooks it works with no problem. The moment I reach the 3 digit range issues occur.

I guess it may related to power query limit(parameter characters length reached to limit), you can take a look at below link to know more about this.

Power Query specifications and limits

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.