Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

export pdf on button click

Hey guys!

I need your help please. I want to create a button. And on the button click the following should happen:

1.) Filter 1 is applied

2.) PDF Report is created

3.) Filter 2 is applied

4.) PDF Report is created

So that after the button click I have to standard reports withouth doing anything by hand.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to export the report to PDF by clicking the button in Power BI?

By my tests, I'm afraid that we may not achieve your requirement currently in Power BI. The action of the buttons in Power BI only have three options:

• Back
  • Bookmark
  • Q&A

You could submit your idea in Power BI ideas Forum and add your comments.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

oh ok!!

Is there any possiblity to programm something in power BI by myself so that I can maybe achieve this?

Another option for me would be to create 3 Sheets that are not visibile. Is there a possibilty to export only the not visible ones to pdf?

BR

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there any possiblity to programm something in power BI by myself so that I can maybe achieve this?

Another option for me would be to create 3 Sheets that are not visibile. Is there a possibilty to export only the not visible ones to pdf?

I'm afraid that you cannot program something in power bi to trigger the feature export pdf.

In addition, by my tests, we only could export the pages which are visible.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-piga-msft  am currently facing the same issue, since I am embedding the Power BI Report over to Microsoft Teams as a tab and in there we do not have an option for exporting in either PDF or PowerPoint, the option only comes in Power BI Web Services, any suggestions for a work-around ??

A button would be nice to have!

Thanks.!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.