Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tryg2015
Frequent Visitor

export data to excel

Hi all,

My first post in the community,

I used to be able to export data from my visualization to excel on the browser edition as indicated on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-data/.

Recently, I have not been able to do so.

.Untitled.png

I have tried on different visualization, but everyone give me the ellipses option, and those visualization that give me the ellipses option do not give me the option to export.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tryg2015,

Since you have tried on different visualizations, maybe "export data" was disabled by your Power BI admin.

>>Power BI admins have the ability to disable the export of data.

There are some limitations with "export data". Could you please create a very simple visual to test?

Best Regards!

Dale 

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tryg2015,

Since you have tried on different visualizations, maybe "export data" was disabled by your Power BI admin.

>>Power BI admins have the ability to disable the export of data.

There are some limitations with "export data". Could you please create a very simple visual to test?

Best Regards!

Dale 

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

You were right. My organization's Power Bi Admin had a restrain on "export data", which now has been uplifted.

The reports that I administrate can now export data as before.

Thanks your help.

Hi Dale,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have read the limitation with "export data" as indicated on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-data/, and have tried to construct my data to make the exportation possible.

However, it does not seems to work:

Untitled.png

I will try to contact my Power BI administrator to see whether they have disable the option and will return to this post ASAP.

Power BI only supports export in visuals that use basic aggregates. Export is not available for visuals using model or report measures.

This is one of the limitations of the export stated in the documentation .  So does this mean that and measure in a report like  

CALCULATE (TOTAL SALES); SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR( DATE)  will not be able to export. 

I tried it for a table and  the column  does not add up in the spreadsheet. 

Further  if i export from the desktop version it does not export all records . I have to  go to BI service  in cloud to export  and all the records  are exported but the CALCULATE (TOTAL SALES); SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR( DATE)   does not add up in the  exported excel  spreadsheet .

Can any  person assist.   So then  how do you get this data to a spreadsheet ? if the export does not  work .  I dont seem to  have this problem  for tableau

colin 

Colin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.