Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jones
Regular Visitor

export data to excel

Dear all, 

I am trying to export data to excel at the web ambient. 

I want that the people who consume my information to have this option when they`re looking my dashboard

May i have to be a power bi pro user to do that

Thank very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jones,

Could you go to check if the "Export data" option has been disabled on your Admin Portal -> Tenant settings?

ap0.PNGap1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jones,

I want that the people who consume my information to have this option when they`re looking my dashboard

May i have to be a power bi pro user to do that

First, I don't think "Export Data" option is a Pro feature. 

And I found that I also lost the “Export Data” option for the tile, when I opened a dashboard on Power BI service. 

e1.png

However, after I click on the tile(it will navigate to the report it belongs to), then go back to the dashboard and click “Open menu” for the tile again, the “Export Data” option shows up. Could you go to check if it also works for you.Smiley Happy

e2.png

In addition, I have reported this issue internally, and I will post the updates here if there is any feedback.

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

And when i go to teh report, the triple dot (...) doens't appear for me. Please take a look.

problem2.png

Hi @jones,

Could you go to check if the "Export data" option has been disabled on your Admin Portal -> Tenant settings?

ap0.PNGap1.PNG

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft tks a lot!!!!

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

Thanks for answering.
That's the point. Please take a look at the image below. This options doesn't appear for me.
I don't know what to do anymore. It was an important feature for my team.

problem.png

jones
Regular Visitor

Dear all, 

I am trying to export data to excel, but the option export data doesn't appear.

I don't know what i have to do ?

Can someone help me please??

Thanks a lot.

When you create any viusal, go to the Triple Dots (...) icon in the corner and select export data, it will export the data into CSV file format.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

BhaveshPatel, 

But the triple dot (...) it isn't appearing  in the corner.

i attached an image, take a look please.

print 4.png

Seems unusal. I just tested mine and it is showing those dots. See the screenshot. I can suggest you to recreate the report in other page and see if the problem persists.

c1.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

BhaveshPatel

I am not a power bi pro user yet

Do you think that could be a problem?

I don't have any idea what is happening!

I 've tried to publish again, but it isn't working.
It allows me only to export at the power bi desktop ambient,
At the web ambient, it isn't allowing me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.