Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syedhabeeb

export as shown in UI

Hi,

I have a report which is perfect in UI.

powerbi_community1.PNG

But when i export whole data is coming. I tried in PowerBI Service also. is there a way to get data same like UI?

powerbi_community2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

There's no way to export the data to .csv or excel formats while keeping the current status of the collapsed categories for the matrix visual.  Your best bet is likely to just take a screenshot of the visual and share that.

You could try to Export as PDF the report, which is slightly better than sending a screenshot, since you can copy/paste the info, but then the table formatting is almost entirely lost.  There's also the option of embedding the visual wherever you need the data displayed, but then users could drill down into the other categories.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

There's no way to export the data to .csv or excel formats while keeping the current status of the collapsed categories for the matrix visual.  Your best bet is likely to just take a screenshot of the visual and share that.

You could try to Export as PDF the report, which is slightly better than sending a screenshot, since you can copy/paste the info, but then the table formatting is almost entirely lost.  There's also the option of embedding the visual wherever you need the data displayed, but then users could drill down into the other categories.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.