Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

expand all down one one level in hierachy

Hello community,

I wanted to hide the option for "expand all down one one level in hierachy" in my scatter plot chart

expand all down one level hierachy.JPG

despite turning off everyoption i still see that, this is not turned off, is it a bug? not just this, even drill in option is not getting turned off.

turned off.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vjnvinod,

You can disable the option in the Visual header. You just need to turn off the "Expand to next level icon". 

Please notice that you are not going to see the changes until you upload it to the service. 

Make a try and let me know if this is what you wanted. 

Regards !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vjnvinod,

As far as I know, there is no any way you can hide these things.

These Drill-down options are automatic in appearing and disappearing.

i.e. When you use Columns that have hierarchy or if you use multiple column there by bringing in hierarchy structure in the axis of the chart, then the Drill-down option will get to be displayed automatically. On the other hand when you use only one column in the axis, the Drill-down options will not be visible.

Moreover, having a hierarchy when you don't want the visual to be drilled down to give more information is a hypothetical situation. So definitely it is not a bug.

Best way to hide the Drill down options is to remove the other additional columns from the axis of the visual

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Thejeswar

Drill down is still fine, but i don't want ,"expand all down one level in the hierachy", how do i freeze it, so my clients cannot accidentally use this.

Regards, vinod

Hi @vjnvinod,

You can disable the option in the Visual header. You just need to turn off the "Expand to next level icon". 

Please notice that you are not going to see the changes until you upload it to the service. 

Make a try and let me know if this is what you wanted. 

Regards !

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@luxpbi

Thanks so much, i think this helps, i was under impression that the change should reflect in power Bi desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.