Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carol_mar
Helper I
Helper I

excel table import values null

Hello, 

I imported an excel table and everything looked as it went correct. But when I click on the table there are only the name of te column and no data.

carol_mar_1-1610612609997.png

Same as when I try to make a relationship with another table, it doesn't give me any error but it actually doesn't do anything. 

carol_mar_0-1610612578034.png

carol_mar_2-1610612626160.png

Does anyone have a reason for that? thank you! @Anonymous 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @carol_mar ,

Go to the query editor and check if the final table is with null values or with data on it:

MFelix_0-1610797743175.png

If the query editor does not show any values also try to redo the import of the excel file.

Regarding the second part of your question since you don't have any values on the table although the connection is made it will no return nothing since the table is empty.

If this does not work can you tell what is the version you are using and if possible share a sample file?

You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @carol_mar ,

Go to the query editor and check if the final table is with null values or with data on it:

MFelix_0-1610797743175.png

If the query editor does not show any values also try to redo the import of the excel file.

Regarding the second part of your question since you don't have any values on the table although the connection is made it will no return nothing since the table is empty.

If this does not work can you tell what is the version you are using and if possible share a sample file?

You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi @carol_mar ,

Taking into account the information you have shared with me, go to the query editor and filter out all the null.

When the table is transformed into the final version it automatically sorts the value by the first column so the null come in first so it appear has the table is all null since it only uses the top N to do the relationships preview.

So if you filter out all the null from one of the columns that you now must have values the lines that aren't to be consider will not be uploaded and your model will work properly.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors