Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Avautier

% evolution from the same column

Hello everyone,

I would like to calculate an evolution rate from 2015 to 2016 but I don't know what to use (Calculate, date, Sameperiodlastyear).
And the last part but not the least, is that the 2016 date need to be dynamic. I was thinking about something like : YEAR(Today)

2015-25,24
2015-0,01

Thank you very much forr your help.

AV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Avautier

Can you show your entire dataset? And your growth rate is on date level or year level?

I assume you have date on each row. And you supposes to have a Year column in your table already. If you want to compare the total between current year on each row and Year 2015, then calculate the growth rate, you may create a measure like below:

=
 (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] ) )
        - CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] = 2015 ) )
)
    / CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] = 2015 ) )

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Avautier

Can you show your entire dataset? And your growth rate is on date level or year level?

I assume you have date on each row. And you supposes to have a Year column in your table already. If you want to compare the total between current year on each row and Year 2015, then calculate the growth rate, you may create a measure like below:

=
 (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] ) )
        - CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] = 2015 ) )
)
    / CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] = 2015 ) )

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.