Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srikanthgr1

esri Map Clustering theme doesnot work correctly. Change in Filter values removes clustering

Hi 

We have used Esri Maps in PowerBI.

I have Filtered the Values on Region, Industry Sector and then the Aggregate Point Slider

Since there were too many data points , We wanted to do clustering of the points plotted on map.

For this we used the Cluster Map Theme of ESRI. We selected the Clustering Theme and then in the report We are able to see it.

Refer Below Snapshots 

1 SelectCLuster1.png

2 ClusteringInMap.png

The Map had REgions selected as NewYork, But When I change the Regions to South Carolina Regions the Clustering dissapears and all the values are shown on map instead 

3 Change_filter_cluster_dissapears.png

Request help on thsi to find solution or Work around for this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth GR

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a different issue: it seems that when points are completely coincident (the XY coordinates are identical), they are treated as 1 for clustering purposes.  I want them counted separately!!

I found that when I add a value as the "color" field, then right-click and select "Don't Summarize", they're counted separately.

Parsley
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem. Filtering map locations seems to switch off the clustering option. This almsot renders the clustering option useless, a fix would be very welcome.

nwabramson
Advocate III
Advocate III

We are having the same problem. Any update on this?

srikanthgr1

Hi 

We have used Esri Maps in PowerBI.

I have Filtered the Values on Region, Industry Sector and then the Aggregate Point Slider

Since there were too many data points , We wanted to do clustering of the points plotted on map.

For this we used the Cluster Map Theme of ESRI. We selected the Clustering Theme and then in the report We are able to see it.

Refer Below Snapshots 

Select Clustering Theme in the Map ThemeSelect Clustering Theme in the Map Theme

Cluster appears after selecting themeCluster appears after selecting theme

The Map had REgions selected as NewYork, But When I change the Regions to South Carolina Regions the Clustering dissapears and all the values are shown on map instead 

Clustering disappears after change in Filter ValuesClustering disappears after change in Filter Values

Request help on this to find solution or Work around for this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth GR

Hi @srikanthgr1,

If you can please provide your source data to test.

In my opinion, I think the filter may break the clustering effect, perhaps you can try keep multiple regions and test again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.