Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asriniva33
Frequent Visitor

error while connecting to team services

Hi,

When i am trying to connect to Team Services, I am facing a Power BI Error "You donot have access to view this page".  Just to give some more information, I am trying to connect to a Team Project in which i am a member and right after the Authention Type "oAuth2" page, i am getting this error. Could someone please let me know on how to resolve this issue? Please find the screenshot of the error below.

Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Eric_Zhang

Thanks for the information. I just found out that my issue is with respect to scenario#2.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@asriniva33

I think the error is as it is, "you don't have access to view this page". I don't have an account for VS team services so that I can't test. However, as per the BOL Connect Power BI to Team Services, either quoted part can be the cause of your error.

• Important: You won't be able to connect if your account administrator disabled third party application access via OAuth.
    When enabled, it appears as follows on the Administration > Control panel > Settings page:

Third-party oAuth enabled

Contact your account administrator to determine if it needs to be enabled.
  • Scenario #2: Log in when you use different credentials for Team Services and Power BI

If you are using a Microsoft Account or different AAD credentials than you use for Power BI, you will need to supply those credentials to Team Services to get access to the data. This can happen in one of two ways. Either, the connect experience will prompt you for the credentials or, if you access Team Services often, your browser may have your most recent credentials cached. If the cached credentials match the account you are connecting to, it will work seamlessly, however, this caching can be confusing if the last account/username you used isn't the one you need to enable Power BI to access the Team Services data. This can lead to Access Denied errors. If you are getting access denied errors without any prompt for credentials, then you should use In Private in IE or Incognito in Chrome to bypass the cache.

@Eric_Zhang

Thanks for the information. I just found out that my issue is with respect to scenario#2.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.