cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
celianou New Member

error when trying to import SharePoint list in Power BI Desktop

Hi everyone,

I want to import a Sharepoint list into power BI but it has a field with a multiple selection.

So I have the following error:

DataSource.Error : Désolé... Nous n'avons pas pu analyser le résultat de la réponse OData. Erreur : A null value was found for the property named 'Customer_x0020_Delivery_x0020_Si0', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values.
Détails :
    DataSourceKind=SharePoint
    DataSourcePath=https://ext.stelia-aerospace.com/ns/transferts_industriels_groupe_stelia

I have seen several resolution ideas on the internet.
Like changing ApiVersion to 14 instead of 15, but that doesn't solve my problem.
And I also thought about deleting this column when importing because I don't need it, but I don't know how to do it.

Can you help me or do you have any other ideas that could help me?

Thanks in advance !

Célia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: error when trying to import SharePoint list in Power BI Desktop

@celianou ,

"A null value was found for the property named 'Customer_x0020_Delivery_x0020_Si0', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values."

As the error message mentioned, it seems the column 'Customer_x0020_Delivery_x0020_Si0' should not be nullable, please check if the column type can contain nullable value.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: error when trying to import SharePoint list in Power BI Desktop

@celianou ,

"A null value was found for the property named 'Customer_x0020_Delivery_x0020_Si0', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values."

As the error message mentioned, it seems the column 'Customer_x0020_Delivery_x0020_Si0' should not be nullable, please check if the column type can contain nullable value.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 428 members 4,952 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: