Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alond15
Regular Visitor

error when i try to publish dashboard

Hello,

I am trying to publish a dashboard, one the already exists on my workspace Dashboards,

and getting the error: 

"An error occurred while attempting publish "...pbix": Unable to write data to the transport connection: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

7 REPLIES 7
alond15
Regular Visitor

Hey, this is what i did, also tried on my workspace (dashboards). same error.

Hi @alond15 ,

Have you tried to import a PBIX file from the Service and will it work? Please refer to the following steps.

file.png     image.png

In addition, please make sure TLS 1.2 is enabled on the machine doing the requests to PowerBI. That the instructions on our article have been followed for proper enablement of TLS 1.2.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

TLS 1.2 is enabled,

when iam trying to upload the PBIX file i get this error:

Something went wrong

Failed to publish Power Bi file

Please try again later or contact support. if you contact support, please provide:

• Activity ID218c9f7f-95e5-4dd5-b906-2fedef1dfd2f
  • Request ID130e2d16-242f-2b7b-6606-17dea2c16ea5
  • Correlation IDea0bf3f8-c576-bbf4-cfcb-5798439d5b7f
  • Status code0
  • TimeWed Dec 08 2021 16:08:05 GMT+0200 (Israel Standard Time)
  • Service version13.0.17186.43
  • Client version2111.3.08807-train
  • Cluster URI  https://wabi-west-europe-e-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @alond15 ,

I don't find the exact error message, is all PBIX files cannot be uploaded, or only a particular file?

What is the size of your PBIX files?

If this is only for a particular file, please try changing the file name and republishing it on different browsers to see if it works.

If the problem is still not resolved, let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Hello  Winniz,

i am working with PB desktop, so I am trying to publish from the app.

tried with another name and i get the same error.

Hi @alond15 ,

According to my internal search, the reason for the upload failure should be due to the System.IO.IOException when reading the stream.

Please make sure you have met the following conditions,

• Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2, or later
  • .NET 4.6.2 or later
  • Internet Explorer 11 or later

then reinstall the latest version of Desktop: 2.99.862.0.

If you still can't resolve the issue, please submit a support ticket and the professional team will help you.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Winniz

mhossain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@alond15 

Try to publish the pbix first to 'Myworkspace' and once it is published successfully then try to re-publish to your workspace where you are getting error.

Please let me know if this works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.